The Rory Vaden show is a weekly podcast that Rory hosts every Wednesday, which is regularly in the Top 25 of Business News Podcasts and has listeners from all around the world. The show shares “insights and inspiration for movers and shakers in the world of business”™. Each week Rory shares ideas on how to increase your self-discipline and make better use of your time to help you achieve your goals in life. He also interviews one very special expert guest and thought leader every week.
I had the privilege of being a guest on Rory Vaden’s Daily Discipline Podcast – Episode 106.
Click here to listen.
Here are some of the things we discussed on the show:
- Customer Experience Defined: Everything that you do for your customers + everything your business processes do to your customer = how it makes your customer feel
- The best kind of customer that you can have is a referred customer
- According to research by Gartner, “By 2016, 89% of companies compete mainly on the customer experience they provide.”
- Not all customers are created equal
- You can never exactly meet expectations. You either fall short or you exceed expectations.
- How can you go above and beyond the transaction?
- G.L.U.E. concept – Giving Little Unexpected Extras
- There’s only two things that matter to people when they look at a brand: warmth and competence
- 3D Customer Development Philosophy- Discovery, Design, Deploy
- You can’t be good at everything. What are the top things you need to be good at?
- Satisfying your customers in the next generation is not enough. You need to inspire them for them to refer you.
- Businesses aren’t taking the time to get to know their customers after the sale.
- Go as fast as you can and as slow as you have to
- To be your highest value to others, you must be your highest self. #procrastinateonpurpose
Today’s Lagniappe (a little something extra thrown in for good measure) – Rory was a fellow presenter at TEDx Douglasville. His talk was awesome. It’s about how to procrastinate on purpose and multiply your time: